MDRI introducing of a year-long certificate course in Special Education (for teaching the mentally impaired and Autistic children).
MDRI (School of Hope) is the recognized teacher training institute recognized by RCI. All the courses are affilted by
Rehabilitation Council of India (A statutory body of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment).
The courses offered are:
These Special Education programmes aim to develop professionals for special and inclusive
education within a broad perspective of education. The programme intends to educate and train
the aspirants to become agents of change as teaching- professionals by imbibing the required
knowledge, skills and positive attitude. The education and training will enable them to seek
out and hone the talents in the children with disability. It will also catalyze the realization
that special education is all about child centric good quality education.) Special preference is
given to those from rural backgrounds, from economically weaker sections of society and parents of
the children with disability for the courses.
On completion of the course, the trainee teacher will be eligible for the following jobs:
Eligibility for the course
- Special educator in special school
- Special educator in inclusive set –up/regular school
- Special educator in a clinical / hospital set-up
- Special educator in Govt.schools under the SSA/DSSSB programme
- As a regular teacher in schools (2 yrs Diploma Programmes in special education in MR and ASD are equivalent to JBT/DIET).
- The trainee teacher will be fully trained to work in the home based training or open own center.
The minimum qualification for admission is 10+2 / Higher Secondary Examination / equivalent with minimum 50% for
GEN/OBC category, relaxation of marks at 10+2 level for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwD catagory for admission
to diploma level courses will be applicable as per the norms of the State/ central Govt.
Note:-The medium of instruction for all the programme will be English/Hindi.